Yesterday, Mom finished her first six week cycle of immunotherapy and began her second cycle. She’d been feeling discouraged due to increased coughing, plus back, chest, and bone pain but the doctor said her lab tests looked good and this is the time when she can expect to feel the benefits of the immunotherapy. Hope makes all the difference!
Next week, she will have a Covid-19 test in preparation for a throat procedure (5/21) that we’re hoping will allow her to talk again with more ease.
Zack is still able to be with us, at least through the month of May, which is a giant gift.
Mom has really pushed herself to be there for me during these last two months—-and especially since I broke my arm. How crazy since I so want to be there for HER! She has gotten up every day to help me: eat, shower, and be as comfortable as I can be. It really shows her inner strength—and what a strong Mama Bear I have for a Mom. We’re all managing to find things to laugh about in each day, even as we shake our heads in wonder to find ourselves riding out such an intense time.
For anyone interested, I have started my own blog for updates (https://www.unexpecteddetours.net/) and I’ll continue to post here for updates on Mom.
Till next week...continued good health to All.
Getting out for walks is helpful. Rosie & Leo love the creek just across the street!


